noun, plural intimacies.
1. the state of being intimate.
2. a close, familiar, and usually affectionate orloving personal relationship with another personor group.
3. a close association with or detailed knowledge ordeep understanding of a place, subject, period ofhistory, etc.:
an intimacy with Japan.
4. an act or expression serving as a token offamiliarity, affection, or the like:
to allow the intimacy of using first names.
5. an amorously familiar act; liberty.
6. sexual intercourse.
7. the quality of being comfortable, warm, orfamiliar:
the intimacy of the room.