The idea of the project includes educating the public regarding water usage and plastic bottle consumption in New York City. The pop-up pavilion will include an exhibition space that takes visitors on
a journey of their individual impact on the issue, which will later accumulate to display the collective impact as well.
The process includes:
- collect or bring used plastic bottles
- transport and clean bottles on site
- pump water from the river to fill bottles
- measure individual impact through questions exhibited in the dome; the darker the water, the greater the damage
- hang individual bottles to visualize the collective and cumulative impact
The installation can only work with the contribution and participation of the community. It is designed with hope to inspire change, raise awareness, and bring climate change to the center of our focus.