Modular cardboard chair project, part of the RISD Foundation Year coursework. Module was based off of some polyhedoronic origami work I made as a child and kaleidescopes.
-one module (first image) to be replicated at least six times for each chair or desk configuration. Must be multi-directional, strong, and efficient.
- at least 3 chair configurations using only this one module
- each chair must hold at least 180lbs of static weight
- each chair must hold at least your own dynamic weight for the entire duration of the final critique (8+ hours) and each test sitting throughout the six-week course
- must be only made of cardboard, no hot glue, craft glue, vinyl, or other materials
- must include a desk
- desk must hold at least 10lbs
not pictured: fourth configuration, a larger network of modules designed to sit lie down on your stomach while still being able to use the desk (pictured below). The open network (no top/cover, still comfortable) looked like an 8-pointed star from above.